[Freedom archives news] Illuminate the Present: Thriving Internship Program and Newly Digitized Collections

Freedom Archives Events freedomarchivesnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Dec 11 13:27:18 EST 2014

    Illuminate the Present: Thriving Internship Program and Newly
    Digitized Collections
    <http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminate-the-present-thriving-internship-program-and-newly-digitized-collections/>

Posted on December 11, 2014
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminate-the-present-thriving-internship-program-and-newly-digitized-collections/>
*http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminate-the-present-thriving-internship-program-and-newly-digitized-collections/*

<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/illuminate-the-present-thriving-internship-program-and-newly-digitized-collections/#respond>

Braley_20141016_085
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Braley_20141016_085.jpg>

Media Intern Brenda Montaño

Our internship program attracts talented young folks from around the Bay
Area -- including students from the University of San Francisco, San
Francisco State University, and Mission High School. With many thanks,
these many students have worked over the years to catalog our materials
and develop curriculum on many historic issues that tie into ongoing
progressive movements and issues.

Some of the recent projects include Black Panther Party newspapers
<http://search.freedomarchives.org/search.php?view_collection=90> and
Colin Edward's coverage of the Free Speech Movement
<http://search.freedomarchives.org/search.php?view_collection=341> (FSM)
on UC Berkeley's campus (just as the 50th anniversary of the FSM was
marked). Check out our search site <http://search.freedomarchives.org/>
to get an idea of its depth and scope of our holdings and our blog
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/> to see many of the interns' posts.

*Your ongoing support is absolutely essential to our ability to continue
our work.* Your help makes possible all the educational work we do: the
internship program, the audio and video documentaries and books, the
online resources and digital search site, and our outreach efforts from
our Mission district community out to the nation and the world. Most
importantly, your help ensures that this resource will be able to serve
generations to come.

*Donate Here <https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>*

Please consider sending us a donation. You can also contribute on-line
or become a monthly sustainer. Thanks very much for helping to launch
our next 15 years!