[Freedom archives news] Preservation of the Past: George Jackson at San Quentin

Freedom Archives Events freedomarchivesnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Dec 2 13:34:19 EST 2014

    Preservation of the Past: George Jackson at San Quentin
    <http://blog.freedomarchives.org/preservation-of-the-past-george-jacksonsan-quentin/>

Posted on December 2, 2014
<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/preservation-of-the-past-george-jacksonsan-quentin/><http://blog.freedomarchives.org/preservation-of-the-past-george-jacksonsan-quentin/#respond>

<http://blog.freedomarchives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/George-J.jpg>

One of the many things the Freedom Archives did in 2014 is we
transferred George Jackson/San Quentin to digital video from a 16mm film
"work print" made in 1971--1972. This extraordinary video contains
never-before-seen footage from San Quentin of George Jackson. It also
includes footage of Angela Davis, then in the Marin County Jail, and the
powerful comments of Georgia Jackson (George and Jonathan Jackson's mother).

*Watch Film Here <http://freedomarchives.org/George%20Jackson.html>*

This film is a powerful visual complement to our other one-of-a-kind
audio materials on George Jackson and the San Quentin Six. The
preservation of such amazing, previously unknown historic materials is
essential to deepening our understanding of struggle and resistance, and
affirms our mission.

*Your ongoing support is absolutely essential to our ability to continue
our work*. Your help makes possible all the educational work we do: the
internship program, the audio and video documentaries and books, the
online resources and digital search site, and our outreach efforts from
our Mission district community out to the nation and the world. Most
importantly, your help ensures that this resource will be able to serve
generations to come.

*Donate Here <https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>*

Please consider sending us a donation. You can also contribute on-line
or become a monthly sustainer. Thanks very much for helping to launch
our next 15 years!

http://blog.freedomarchives.org/preservation-of-the-past-george-jacksonsan-quentin/