[Freedom archives news] It's not too late to support the Freedom Archives!

Occasional Archives News freedomarchivesnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Dec 29 10:57:49 EST 2011

It’s not too late to support the freedom Archives!
Please donate to support our ongoing work.

<https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>Click here!

The Freedom Archives film - Cointelpro 101 has
just been shown twice, as part of the Festival
Internacional de Nueve Cine Latinoamericano. This
33rd annual festival features all kinds of films
from Cuba, the rest of Latin America, as well as
some from Europe, Canada and the US.

Additionally, Cointelpro 101 was broadcast
earlier this year on Cuban TV on the most popular
political program – Mesa Redonda. While in Havana
we were interviewed for an updated introduction
to the film to be aired with Cointelpro 101 again in its entirety.

We were honored to be on Cuban TV and to be a
part of the film festival, and to express our
solidarity with Cuba and particularly with the
case of the Cuban 5, who are referred to in our film.

Both festival showings took place in the Cine
Infanta, a theater that has recently been
renovated. The first showing was on December 4th,
where we noted the anniversary of the
assassination of Panther leaders Fred Hampton and
Mark Clark - also an important part of our film.

The packed audience included a number of Cuban
and North American students, some from the
program to educate students of color who receive
subsidized education in medical school in Havana,
as well as members of the International Committee to Support the Cuban 5.

The audience also included other filmmakers and
Cubans who had heard about the film or were
curious about its content. The film was very well
received as was evident in a discussion period
which followed with me and two of the film
participants, Kathleen Cleaver and Laura
Whitehorn. We emphasized the ongoing nature of
counter-intelligence and counter-insurgency
inside the US and worldwide as well as the need
to free the numerous political prisoners in the US.

After both showings, smaller discussions
continued outside the theater. All in all, we are
very gratified by the reception of the film and
are of course excited to have been in Havana and part of the festival.

Please consider supporting our work as we move into a new year!

Claude

here<https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>!